Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stuck in the Middlemarch with You

As I wrote last week, there are a number of people in the private Sly Wit Goodreads discussion group who would like to participate in a longer-term read of Middlemarch starting this month. The goal would be to read 5 chapters a week, which, in my lovely edition designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith, means about 50 pages. (As a sidenote, if you are looking to pick up some classics for a relatively cheap price, Bickford-Smith’s clothbound series are really beautiful and almost all available at Amazon.)


Middlemarch is one classic that I’ve been meaning to read for awhile but just never managed to make time for, so I’m pleased that others are going to be joining me in the discussion and hopefully nudge me along. As I am currently trapped in Super Bowl hell in lovely Indianapolis, I won’t be starting until this weekend, but feel free to start posting in the discussion threads whenever you like. I only ask that you refrain from posting too far ahead of where we are as a group.

If you would like to join us, please let me know on Goodreads and I will send you an invitation.

In other book news, I got a bit crazy with my multi-reading in January and am still tying up loose ends from that so I probably won’t begin Lolita for another week or so.

No comments: